CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION COLLECT THROUGH THE SITE
Personal Information We collect information that can be used to identify you personally (“personal information”) which may include the following:
- Basic Information We collect basic information such as your name, mailing address, location, company name, telephone number, and email address.
- Identifying Information We may also collect information that cannot be used to easily identify you, though it could if paired with other personal information, such as your date of birth, your passport or national ID card, your social security number or other information linking you to an address.
- Computer Information We may collect information about your computer hardware and software, such as the operating system (Windows or Apple) and web browser (Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer) you use.
- Browsing Information We may collect the following information automatically using cookies and the Site’s built-in technology: (a) the IP address from which you accessed our Site; (b) the domain name of the internet service you use; (c) the date and time of your visit, which pages on the Site you visit and duration of your page and site visits; (d) the address of the previous website you visited and if you arrive to us from another site’s link; (e) browser type, browser version and unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data; (f) if you access the Site through a mobile device, the type of mobile device, your mobile device’s unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site.
- Social Media Information If you register through or otherwise grant us access to a third-party social media service, we may collect social media information that is personal information associated with social media account, such as your name, your email address, your activities or your contact list associated with that account.
Payment Information If you purchase services or goods from us, we will collect the amount and date of your payment (or nonpayment). However, we use a third party to process any contributions or payments to or for the benefit of Rago-Wright. We do not receive, see, handle or process payment information that you provide to our third-party payment processor. Our third-party payment processor uses a secure server and encryption to ensure the security of financial information. We also have security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access to any personal or financial information you provide to us.
HOW WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION
Personal Information We will collect the personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use this Site. For example, if you sign up with us, or submit information through a form on our site or similar page, or send us any message, we will collect information that you provide to us in such request, submission, or message. We may also collect any message or other material you may post or submit through the Site or to us by email. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties.
Information You Provided To Us When you sign up to receive updates, newsletters or communications from Rago/Wright/LAMA or join www.lamodern.com, we may ask you for contact information, such as your full name, email address, phone number, website, occupation, social media handle(s), mailing address, as well as information about your interests.
Other Information Through Cookies Like many operators of websites, we may use tracking software and similar technology that automatically collects information about your computer hardware and software, and your use of the Site and your browsing trajectory on our Site. Below are some of the technologies and techniques we may use to automatically collect information from or about you:
- Flash Cookies Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or LSOs) are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming and other similar services.
Social Media And Share Links When you like or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or other social media sites, we may collect your information. This information may include your name, image, email address, social media handle(s) and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through Facebook, Twitter or another social media site. These links may include the use of so-called “share links.” A share link is a button and/or text link appearing on the Site that launches a sharing mechanism that allows you to post links to, and content from, the Site onto other websites.
WHY WE COLLECT AND USE THIS INFORMATION
Your Experience We collect and use your personal information and other information to help us improve your experience on the Site, to enable us to give you convenient access to services and to focus on categories of interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us notify you about our latest announcements, special offers and sales.
Communicate With You We collect and use your personal information and other information to communicate with you about Rago-Wright and our activities and about issues which you may have expressed an interest. We collect personal information to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or communications concerning features, services or products you have contracted for, security updates, or your experience with the Site or our products/services.
Expansion We collect and use your personal information and other information to expand our product offerings and service offerings and features.
Operate The Site We collect and use all personal information for the operation of the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site. We collect personal information to manage your account and to manage your registration with the Site, or to provide you with features available as a registered user.
To Manage Your Requests We collect personal information to manage your requests to us.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Storage When we collect information including personal information, we include it in our computerized databases and records of customers and potential customers. We will use reasonable practices to protect your information from unauthorized access or disclosure. While we will use such efforts, we cannot and will not act as insurers of the security of your personal information. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that will not be liable for any disclosure of data to third parties whether due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
Limited Access Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
No Sale We will not sell any of the personal information about you we collect to any third party.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Affiliates We may share your personal information with our affiliates. Our affiliates include our technology consultants and webmasters, as well as customer service representatives and contractors who we engage or partner with to provide products, services, support and marketing to our customers and potential customers, such as collecting bids and offers, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys and providing customer service.
Business Partners We may share your contact information with third parties that have products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Disclosure To Successors We may disclose your personal information to any actual or potential successor-in-interest of ours, such as a company that is seeking to acquire us, invest in us, merge with us, or that does acquire us or our business or any part of our business.
Site Administrators We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who help us provide, build or maintain the Site. We require by contract that these third-party service providers implement and maintain reasonable practices to protect your personal information.
Emergency We may disclose your personal information to prevent an emergency, to protect or enforce our rights, to protect against suspected credit card fraud, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party or as required or permitted by law (including, without limitation, to comply with a subpoena or court order).
Aggregate Information We may share aggregate information about our customers for educational, research, analytic or benchmarking purposes. When shared in this form, no individual customer is identified.
Related Companies We may share your personal information with companies that are related to us (that is, companies that control us, are controlled by us or are under common control with us).
With Other Users When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, that information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site. If you access the Site through a third-party social media service, your contacts on that third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures and activity information; and other users may be able to view the same personal information.
Law Enforcement We may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements The Company may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with a legal obligation; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company; (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; (d) protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public; (e) protect against legal liability.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services, maintain business records to satisfy tax, legal and other regulatory requirements, and protect and defend against potential legal claims. In the context of our research and records on ownership of art objects to assist with checks on authenticity, provenance and title, we will keep this data for as long as the record is relevant to our legitimate business interest and the public interest.
ABOUT CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are not targeting the Site to children, and we do not knowingly collect contact information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not email us, contact us, attempt to use the Site, submit information to the Site or ask us to email you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|Your options||What you need to do|
|Know the types of personal information we have collected about you||Email or write to us at any time by contacting us at the email address or mailing address listed below.|
|Update or correct your personal information||Send us a note at the email address or mailing address listed below, and include in your note:|
1. all of the incorrect personal information that you wish to change,
2. the corrected personal information, and
3. your signature authorizing such changes.
|To no longer receive newsletters and promotional emails||Click on the ’unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive.|
|To stop receiving marketing communications from us||Email or write to us at any time by contacting us at the email address or mailing address listed below.|
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, you can contact us by mail, telephone or email:
Rago Wright, LLC
1440 West Hubbard Street
Chicago, IL 60642
312 563 0020
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information, we may do so by email, telephone or mail.
NOTICES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Notice To California Residents California residents may ask us to describe what categories of personal information we share with affiliated companies or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the names of those companies. You may receive a copy of this notice by submitting a written request to us at the addresses listed in the “Who You Contact” section.
Do Not Track Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”) Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you visit websites that do respond to Do Not Track signals, then you may set your preferences in your web browser to tell those websites that you do not want to be tracked.
NOTICE FOR CANADIAN RESIDENCES
Notice For Canadian Residences We and our affiliates and our Canadian, US, and other service providers may process and store your personal information in a country outside of Canada, and the governments, courts, or law enforcement of that country may be able to obtain disclosure of personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Under the laws of a foreign country, in certain circumstances, we may be required to provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order.Notice for eu residents - GDPR Privacy
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have the rights in this Section ‘NOTICE FOR EU RESIDENTS – GDPR PRIVACY.’ These rights only apply to residents of the European Union and not to any other user.
- Correct Personal Information in Our Possession You are entitled to tell us to correct any incorrect personal information we have about you.
- Object to Processing of Your Personal Information You are entitled to object to our processing of your personal information. Our right to process your personal information depends on us having a legal basis and a legitimate interest for having and processing that personal information. However, you may object to that interest and the legal basis for our processing of your personal information. You may also object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information You are entitled to request that we erase or delete your personal information if there is no legitimate reason for us to continue to process it.
- Request the Transfer of Your Personal Information You are entitled to a report on your personal information in our possession that we received to perform a contract with you and automatically from your interaction with our Site or services.
- Withdraw Your Consent You are entitled to withdraw your consent to use, process and hold your personal information. But, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to the Site or our products and services.
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information Under GDPR We may process personal information under the following conditions:
- Consent You gave your consent to process personal information for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a Contract Your personal information is necessary for the performance of or preparation for a contract we have with you.
- Legal Obligations Processing personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Important Interests Processing personal information is necessary to protect the interests of you or another individual.
- Public Interests Processing personal information is related to an activity done in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate Interests Processing personal information is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
We will help clarify a specific legal basis for processing personal information at your request.
DISPUTES AND GOVERNING LAW
Effective as of January 2020.